Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spice President

So, it's been a while. You're probably thinking, "Man, I wish Rachel or Claire would write about something they've recently baked to make me oh-so-jealous of their wicked Pillsbury skillz." Well, my friend, your wait is over. Because this 4-day weekend wasn't just about hanging off the back of a Hobie Cat by a boogie board. No no, it also served as an opportunity for me to finally go ahead and try to rip-off Tom Colicchio's mind-blowing cookies from 'wich craft.

These cookies are seriously the best cookies in the whole world. 'Wich Craft has a variety of cookie sandwiches filled with delicious ganache. When these show up in my office, I have no qualms about taking 4 back to my desk. The one I'm absolutely gaga about has peanut butter in the middle, and some kind of ginger snap cookie on the outside. I love those spicy cookies, so I just couldn't resist trying them out myself.

Ingredients for cookies:
1 tube Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies doctored up with --
approx. 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tbsp cocoa powder 1tbsp powdered sugar

Ingredients for ganache:
some peanut butter, heavy cream, and powdered sugar. No measuring, just mixed until I had a happy consistency and the taste was creamy and sweet.

I baked up the cookies, making sure to keep them all fairly small and the same size. Once completely cooled, I spooned about a teaspoon of the ganache onto one cookie, and topped it with a match.

They were awesome!!! Jenny did suggest that the filling could be a pumpkin ganache. I thought this was an excellent idea, and would make for easy marketing. Who wouldn't want to whip up a batch of Pillsbury Harvest Cookie Sandwiches? Yum!!



2 comments: